At OMORFIE, our mission is to ensure our haircare products feature only the most beneficial ingredients - no nasties, no fillers. In fact, our ingredients are so natural, they're good enough to eat.
Check out this delicious oatmeal cookie recipe, featuring some of the hero ingredients found in LET'S GET LUSH.
- Linseed (Flaxseed)
- Sunflower Seeds
- Olive Oil
These oatmeal cookies are truly the best. They’re vegan, soft and fluffy in the middle, with crisper edges and lovely flavor, thanks to warming spices and oat flour. Recipe yields about 2 dozen cookies.
LUSH INSPIRED OATMEAL COOKIES
- Cook Time: 12 mins
- Total Time: 27 minutes
- Yield: 24 cookies
- 1/2 Cup of Olive Oil
- 1 Cup Maple Syrup
- 3 Tablespoons Linseed (Flaxseed)
- 1 Teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1/2 Teaspoon Nutmeg
- 1/2 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/4 Teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1 3/4 Cup Gluten Fre Oats
- 1/3 Cup Oat Flower
- 1/3 Cup Whole Wheat Flour
Pro-tip: Make your own oat flower. In a blender or food processor, blend up about ½ cup old-fashioned oats until you have a fine flour.
- Preheat the oven to 325°F. Line two cookie sheets with parchment paper, or lightly grease them.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine the olive oil, and maple syrup. With a hand-held electric mixer or by hand, beat them together until they are fully incorporated and lighter in color.
- Add the linseed (flaxseed) beat well, until the mixture is light and fluffy. Add the cinnamon, nutmeg, baking soda, baking powder and salt, and blend until combined.
- Lastly, add the oats, oat flour and whole wheat flour. Blend on low speed until combined. Scrape the sides and bottom of the bowl with a spatula, and mix briefly to be sure it’s evenly blended.
- Scoop about 1 tablespoon of dough at a time onto the prepared baking sheets, leaving at least 2 inches of space around each cookie.
- Bake the cookies for 12 to 13 minutes, until they’re a light golden brown with slightly darker edges. Their middles may still look a tiny bit shiny; that’s OK, they’ll continue to bake as they cool on the pan.
- Remove the cookies from the oven, place the pan on a cooling rack, and let the cookies cool completely on the pan before handling (these cookies are delicate when warm). Repeat with any remaining cookies.
Did you make the recipe?
We would love to know how they turned out for you! Leave a comment below and share a photo on social and tag us @omorfie #omorfie